Monday, January 01, 2007

January Theme Day Photo



The Frail Duration of a Flower....


Originally posted May 8, with the title above which had to do with the fact that the Palo Verde trees had been blooming and had begun to drop their petals. Why this as my best of year? To be honest I couldn't pick a best. I love many of the photos I posted on this blog, bad or good. They represent to me all the things I felt taking them, the places I went, the memories, the people, all the places, the little adventures and discoveries this blog took me to this year. So I chose one of my favorite subjects. In fact this photo is similar to the very first photo I put up on this blog, which was also of Palo Verde trees. Just call me a tree hugger...


Please visit these other DP Blogs showing their best photo of the year. Due to time differences and differences in time posted, they may not all have the Jan. 1 photo up at the same time. Enjoy!


Porto (Portugal) -Albuquerque, NM (USA) -St. Paul, (USA) Kate -Greenville,SC (USA) -Stayton, OR (USA) -Szentes (Hungary) -Hyde (UK) -London (UK) -Dubai (UAE) -Buenos Aires (Argentina) -Shanghai (China) -Nelson (New Zealand) -Twin Cities, MN (USA) -Joplin MO (USA) -Stavanger (Norway) -Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) -Not Strictly Seattle, WA (USA) -Jakarta (Indonesia) -Auckland (New Zealand) -Sharon, CT (USA) -Evry (France) -(Aust) John -Newcastle upon Tyne (England) -Paris (France) -Bandung (Indonesia) -Brussels (Belgium) -Minneapolis MN (USA) -Aliso Viejo, CA (USA) -Seattle, WA (USA) -Budapest (Hungary) -Singapore by Zannnie (Singapore) -Tenerife (Spain) -Santa Clara, CA (USA) -Houston, TX (USA) -Sydney by Nathalie (Aust) -San Diego, CA (USA) -Vancouver, BC (Canada) -Singapore by KeropokMan (Singapore) -East Lansing, MI (USA) -Sydney by Sally (Australia) -Tucson, AZ (USA) -Nottingham (UK) -Sequim, by Norma -Hong Kong -Vantaa, Finland -Kyoto (Japan) -Tokyo (Japan) -Chattanooga -Santiago (Chile) -Berlin (Germany) -Trondheim (Norway) -Delta, CO (USA) -

18 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

Absolutely fantastic photo! Have a happy and healthy 2007, and I look forward to more fabulous photos.

4:03 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

its a lovely repost for first day of the year :) you have some wonderful composition in your archive!

6:50 AM  
Anonymous denton said...

Okay, your a tree hugger. Something to be proud of my book. Your comments about the selection process mirror what I experienced. My best of 2006 post was more about me reviewing all the photos taken in 2006 and re-living the memories of each. Happy New Year.

7:17 AM  
Anonymous karine said...

Happy New Year from Buenos Aires daily :)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Lisi said...

I like green and I like trees, so this is absolutely my favorite too! Happy 2007!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Randy said...

Great shot Louz. They look more like you were in a different forest of trees instead of the desert southwest. Happy New Year!

9:42 AM  
Blogger blueboat said...

Gorgeous photo - absolutely GLOWing. Happy New Year!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Lavender Lady said...

It was hard to choose...like you I had favorites "just because". This is a lovely photo.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Susan said...

It's like a carpeted tunnel of treees. I think it is quite lovely...perhaps that's because I'm a big nature lover/tree hugger as well. :)

12:18 PM  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

This is magical, like in a fairy tales.
Happy new year Louz!

12:19 PM  
Anonymous ruth said...

Wow, this is tremendous. I'm a sucker for trees too.

Enjoy yourself this year as you explore Tucson and share with us. I look forward to it!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I love your narrative as much as the photograph! Sometimes when I see the technologically superior photos on some blogs, I wonder why I continue; but, your comments explained it very well. It's so much fun and so much a part of me and what's important to me that I really couldn't stop, even if I discontinue posting. You chose a lovely photo!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

An excellent choice, just lovely light and color and ocmposition. I really appreciate what you wrote about the meaning your photos have for you - I know just what you mean! Mine have given me a greater appreciation of where I live and why I live there! Happy New Year -- here's to many more photos and many more new friendships!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Wow, you captured in your comments exactly my experience of this blogging thing we do and why it has become so meaningful to me. It gets hard to delete any photos because of the experience of them. My mom just moved here to be near me this summer, and the palo verde trees near her home on the river had a charm all their own. Your shot is so very lovely! Cheers in the new year,
-Kim

6:59 PM  
Blogger The Wellspring said...

This is a lovely photo, and I like the description of how you came to post it as a favorite. I get the feeling that I will feel the same way at the end of a year (I have just recently joined DP)...each photo brings such memories, feelings, etc., so I totally related to what you said here.

Happy New Year from Quito, Ecuador!
Lisa

7:05 PM  
Blogger √čarithranduil said...

Yes... A beautiful picture to commemorate the beginning of a new year!
Happy 2007!

2:54 AM  
Blogger macky said...

Beautiful photo!!

A happy new year from Tokyo:-))

6:18 AM  
Blogger Louz said...

Wow, I am so touched you all "got" that photo. It was a magical scene on an otherwise ordinary street and I was thrilled to take photos of it. The yellow petals under the trees really did glow with such an amazig light and the leaning trees were so lyrical. I bought my camera in February and that plus looking for photos for the blog have given me new eyes and opened up whole new aspects of Tucson to me. And yes sometimes I look at the wonderful photos taken by better cameras and feel discouraged but then this camera keeps surprising me with what it can do.

I wish you all the best and happiest year in 2007!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home