Friday, December 08, 2006

Sonora Downtown

Viewed up close and from the downtown Main Library, from a third floor window. The red sculpture that I unkindly referred to previously as the "spider" is called Sonora. I've taken so many photos of it that its beginning to grow on me. According to a handout from the library, its forms are are abstracted from recognizable natural objects like Native American kivas and baskets, palm trees, mountains, dust devils, feathers on arrows and water flowing over rocks. Its creator is David Black.




3 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

How colorful! I really like it.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Nathalie said...

I'll chose the first photo, it's the most powerful!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Louz said...

It actually is kind of fun to take photos of, though it tends to be hard too because the red metal reflects in ways that look odd in a photograph.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home