Tuesday, December 26, 2006

After the Holiday is Over



Downtown Tucson late last night. After I took this photo, I took a right turn on the street ahead. Totally missed the arrow pointing the other way. Fortunately no one saw me driving the wrong way on a one-way street. I drove down there after work hoping for interesing photos Christmas-wise and I was tired and got kinda confused by how different the streets look at night. I wonder if a cop would have given me a ticket this time of year?

My exploration of Sixth Street continues tomarrow. I've decided to change it to Wednesdays since that's usually a day off from work for me and I'll have more time to take and work with the photos and get the post up a whole lot earlier.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

one great thing about holiday is no traffic, you can drive side, straigh , reverse ways, no one would know :D

12:00 PM  
Blogger Ame said...

Hey Louz...HI! And YIKS...that's ALWAYS my fear when driving downtown with all the one-way streets..thank GOD the streets were empty...be CAREFUL...I know-I know...we'll do ANYTHING to go in-search-of for DP! LOL! Neat shot by the way....very calming after the Christmas Chaos! ;-)

9:01 PM  
Blogger Ame said...

That should be YIKES! I'm not speaking alien! LOL! ;-)

9:02 PM  
Blogger Meg in Nelson said...

I'm glad you didn't get a ticket! And thank goodness there aren't CCTV cameras all over the place like in England?!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Louz said...

Meg, there are cameras in a few places and proposals for more. Yikes indeed! Ame I prefer Yiks anyway. :) It is one of those downtowns, lots of one way streets going this way and that. At night, very confusing. Tucson also used to have streets where one lane would change direction during certain times of day, aptly referred to as "Suicide" lanes.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home