Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Slouching Up Sixth Street....


Soon to change its name to 6th Street, the Old Nogales Hwy between Drexler and Irvington turned out to be a very long stretch so I'm going to do the South half of it this week and the North half next week.

In the parking lot of the 99c Bargain Warehouse there was this truck advertising seafood, doing steady business even at 9am. The tire shop up the street came with its very own pitbull guard dog, wandering around loose in front of the entrance. And amid all the dust and weeds there was something like the gateway below.


5 Comments:

Blogger pennyblack said...

that seafood looks good. i miss Mexican food sooo much!!
(and thanks for your visit)

6:16 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Interesting stretch of land--a gold mine for photos. I esp. liked the truck--very colourful and great merchandise!!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Meg Nakagawa said...

Incredible. Didn't you just want to escape through the gate and see what's beyond?

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Mary said...

Very satisfying. I checked all day yesterday for this. Thank goodness it appeared!

PS You have me thinking about Broadway once I'm finished with the current project.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Louz said...

The food did look good on the truck :) And yes I did want to walk through the gate. It was most enticing. I'm planning on visiting the restaurant it was attached to when its open.

Mary I really appreciate the positive feedback. I keep trying. I am full of admiration for the way you come of with one evocative photo for each block. I am coming to the rueful conclusion that it may be nearly impossible for me. On the other hand, I really do look forward to exploring the next block of 6th every week... Oh absolutely don't stop. Broadway in New York must be full of photographic riches.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home