Tuesday, November 21, 2006

If Its Tuesday, This Must Be...




Two images from the block of Old Nogales Highwy (soon to become S. 6th St) from Bilby to Dexel. There are trucks, like the one for sale here, that you see in a lot of places around Tucson, parked temporarily in parking lots selling Mexican food. In my experience the food is usually very good, more like "real" Mexican food than something like Taco Bell (a fast food chain). I experienced my one and only taco made from cow brains at a mobile Mexican restaurant. Also posole, sopa des albondigas, tortas and tacos made from a variety of things surprising to Anglos.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Jude said...

When I was 14, I spent a summer in Mexico where I was exposed constantly to "real" Mexican food. This was an important step on the road to my becoming a vegetarian at the age of 18, now almost 34 years ago.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Louz said...

Thanks Jude, I needed a good laugh today. No offense meant if you were'nt joking. I agree vegetarian is the way to go, more compassionate, healthier, better conservatorship for the planet.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Mary said...

I'm glad you started outside the city limits. Makes it interesting to anticipate the city taking shape.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Meg Nakagawa said...

Nogales - what a blast from the past - that's where we went in.... 1963 for one day.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

In Little Rock I am seeing more and more trucks like these. Next time I pass by, I will stop and try some of their food.

Meanwhile, I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Louz said...

Thanks for visiting everyone. The farther north of 6th I get the more interesting it gets. There are going to be blocks when I'll be chosing between 4 or 5 really cool subjects. Mary, thank you for saying that. Hopefully that will be apparent in time. I'm thinking maybe I'll make gallery on on one of the photo sites both to show the extra photos and to show the progression.

I'll be working Thanksgiving actually. :(

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home