Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Gaby's Music and Dulceria




I thought it might be interesting, to pick a stre
et in Tucson and every week put up a photo from it, block by block. So on Tuesdays from now on for quite a while (its a long street) there will be a photo from 6th street. I picked that street because it gives a good cross section of Tucson, moving from south to north. Not a definitive cross section - probably no one street could do that - but a fascinating one I think. At least the street is, I have no idea if the photos will be or not.

So I'm starting at the south end, really outside the Tucson city limits, but I think this is area is part of what makes Tucson what it is. The street is actually called the Old Nogales Highway at this point. Today's block is between Valencia and Bilby, photos taken this morning. The building and sky really are that blue.

Please check out Mary's excellent blog, Manhattan Street Project, which made me want to try something of a similar nature.


4 Comments:

Blogger Pierre said...

I love this southern architecture and this so typical colours...

4:03 AM  
Blogger Louz said...

Thanks Pierre!

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Mary said...

Thanks for the mention! I like your idea and look forward to Tuesdays. Have you thought of labeling them so they can be seen all together? A reason to upgrade to Blogger Beta if you haven't yet.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Louz said...

Hi Mary, Just noticed your comment. I've just about decided to go to wordpress, just need the time to do all the work involved. You're right, I need to find some way to link them because I hope together they'll show something interesting about what Tucson's about.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home