Thursday, October 12, 2006

Segue to the Sonoran Glass Art Academy


The folks at the Sonoran Glass Academy kindly allowed me to take photos during their Pumpkin Fiesta fundraiser last Sunday. This is actually a photo taken towards the end of the making of a piece, as it is going into a furnace. It seemed somehow a fitting seque from DeGrazia.

I like the word segue here because I think its what we are all doing with the daily photo blogs.
From Wikipedia: In music, segue (pronounced ['sɛgweɪ]) is a direction to the performer. It means continue (the next section) without a pause. It comes from the Italian "it follows".... In improvisation it is often used for transitions created as a part of the performance, leading from one area to another.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Stunning colour!
It's like one straight from pamphlet.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Bunyamin Najmi said...

Yes I like the color, red & yellow a good combination

6:28 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Strong colour! Watching artist blowing glass is a great fun thing to do. Lucky you!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Louz said...

Hi guys - Thanks for visiting! I almost didn't stop there. Later in the afternoon, I was tired. But I thought I'd at least go by for a few minutes. Very cool.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Candice & Megan said...

How beautiful! Excellent photo! I'm glad they allowed you to take pics.

8:13 AM  
Blogger perle de rosée said...

Beautiful flower photo.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home