Sunday, October 08, 2006

Gallery In The Sun


One of the gifts of doing this blog is the discoveries it leads me to. The DeGrazia gallery took me by surprise. I visited on a whim, just happened to be driving by with some time on my hands. Based on postcards and calendars I'd seen, I had thought of his paintings as sentimental southwestern kitsch - in the same category of "art" as the strangely iconic dogs-playing-poker paintings (see here). Instead I was reminded that the workings of a truly creative mind are never that simple.

Photos are of a ramada at the entrance and the private chapel DeGrazia built. More tomarrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Louz, I am so glad you stopped. I always wondered what this place looked like. I love the photo of the chapel, and the sky is so blue. Love it.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

the first one reminds me of Hawaii, gorgeous nonetheless.. and I just love the second one, imagine myself standing there, i would enjoy admiring the work !

1:39 AM  
Blogger Louz said...

Oh I fell in love with the place, as evidenced by 3 days of photos on it. I'll be back too.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home