Saturday, September 09, 2006

Driving Home Under A Full Moon



Driving home from work late at night, roughly half the trip looks like this, yellow and white lines disappearing into the darkness of the desert. Even 5 or 6 years ago, I can remember seeing wildlife crossing this road at night, coyotes, rodents, snakes, deer, javalina, sometimes they were just mysterious movinging shapes in the dark. One night during a particularly wet monsoon, there were tarantulas, moving across the road en masse. Which was kind of sad because they were so slow and people just mowed them down. However, with a lot of new development the traffic has increased considerably and it is rare to see any kind of wildlife now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ame said...

Hi! Nice moon shot...seems like a lot of people are capturing this heavenly body...u should go check out Kala's shot on Honolulu Daily Photo! Even I tried last nite, but the sky was just too darn overcast! (=

8:49 AM  
Blogger Randy said...

I love this. What a nice drive home you have. I feel sorry for the tarantulas though. :-)

7:10 PM  
Blogger Ryan of OC Photos said...

Great shot.
I think the tarantula thing would be a little erie for me and I don't think I would have slowed down.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Yeah, I think it's kind of cool...there were several DailyPhoto bloggers who posted the moon on the same day. Hmmm...a pack of wolves? A celestial blogging community?

11:18 PM  
Blogger Meg Nakagawa said...

What a wonderful shot!

4:19 AM  
Blogger Louz said...

Global consciousness? Nearly everyone feels the same sense of erie wonder I think. Where do we fit in the whole massive celestial puzzle.

Re the tarantulas. They actually only are out and about during the monsoons and the ones I've seen in person are slow and oddly fragile looking. Not something fearful at all. It was sad to see them walking so slowly and purposefully across the road and wham! squashed flat.

Gotta go check out some of those other celestial shots. I think its kind of cool that sometimes the same photo idea seems to move around the DP world.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Curly said...

What great colour rendition for a nightscene!

Curly's Photoshop

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home