Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Belated Labor Day Post

Labor Day was yesterday. Nonetheless, after digging through my archives, I came up with this, my person working photo, of a police officer directing traffic at a street fair. I like this one because he gave me a big grin after I took the photo.

Labor Day in the US celebrates the working man but even more its seen as the last blowout of the summer long weekend, barbecue and beer in the back yard, one last vacation before the school year starts kind of holiday.

For more working people, check out Kate's working people series on her St. Paul blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Meg Nakagawa said...

Looks like a fantastic street fair!

2:27 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I tried to get a similar photo during the MN State Fair, but it's not as good as this one. Thanks for the plug!! And, it will go on and on for awhile. I'm interested in the many ways we support ourselves, contribute to society, and forge our own identities. Have a good week!

3:32 AM  
Blogger Louz said...

Hi Meg - Its known locally as the Fourth Ave. St Fair, a big arts, crafts, performance fair events. I have lots of photos but have hesitated to show them because they were taken in March and I'm trying to keep the blog roughly in the present.

Kate, I think its a cool idea. I'm going to looking for photo "ops" re that in the future inspired by your photos. I like the notion of making photos that are about something beyond quirky discoveries and public monuments. Which is not to say that both of the latter aren't terrific photo subjects. Just that I like sometimes to see photos that have larger context.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home