Saturday, August 05, 2006

Sun Tran Downtown Bus Stop

I've been putting off taking pictures of downtown Tucson because I thought of it as rather dull, largely office buildings ranging from nondescript to ugly. And there are those. However a photo excursion this morning revealed a lot else, things bizarre or brightly colored or elegant sometimes existing right next to each other. And there is surprising richness of decoration in public places. Like the city bus station, which is in an unquestionably rundown and seedy part of town.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marie McC said...

Louz, this is a great capture! I like the lines in all different directions and the colors. Really good!

BTW, my addressbook didn't manage to migrate properly when I changed internet providers so I don't have your email address any more: you might want to check out Best of DP for July 23-29. :-)

6:08 AM  
Blogger Irredento Urbanita said...

Each place has several more tied to the first. Those small spaces where some of love is hidden.

Greetings from PerĂº

9:03 AM  
Blogger Louz said...

Thanks for visiting guys. I really liked the photo that you saw (which I changed today). Pattern and line in a photo is always something that I'm trying to capture.

Marie , I'll be in touch. Thanks for the best of photo! I've finally got some doors for you from this downtown trip.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Marie McC said...

Oh, you changed the picture. Too bad. I liked the original one better.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Louz said...

I'm always torn between what seems to be the best photo visually and what seems to be the most informative. They rarely seem to be the same photo, which may reflect on my skills as a photographer. That's kind of what happened here.

Irredento, I think that's what I'm discovering here. The "ugly" cityscape hides a lot of little places that people loved and touched with that love,

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home