Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Lady in Red

The businesses in this area are eclectic to say the least. A mix of clubs, restaurants, other oddities like this shop and some businesses that have survived from times in the past when downtown was a thriving, bustling place.

The Hotel Congress, mentioned here on July 17 re Dillinger, was, interestingly, the site of the Arizona Fetish Ball last Saturday. No not my thing, though I did consider coming by that night for the photo op.However the thought of angry people in leather and chains seemed a bit daunting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Love it! Taking photos of the ball would have been fun!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Denton said...

We have a very similar store on main street in Greenville. Their displays were very risqué for a while but lately they have been toned down some. Apparently there is a market and they want to stay in business so it looks like they announced their presence and now are attempting to blend in to the background.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Neorelix said...

Great post! Shame about the missed photo op though - I'm sure you'd have got away with a light whipping...

10:17 AM  
Blogger Louz said...

You made me laugh, a light whipping indeed!

Denton some of the displays were mores risque. I just went with a relatively tame one.

Kate, Neolrelix - I have been a bit of a coward taking photos of people in public but I dunno the more I just openly take the photos, the more I find people mostly accept me as a "photographer". I would of course stop taking photos and even delete photos if asked. The Fetish Ball was just outside my comfort zone but maybe another time.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home