Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hamlet Goes for the Layup

Layup is a basketball term. And the name of the artwork was indeed "Hamlet". I reserve the right to make fun of statues while treating humans gentlely. The two people are an older couple who met in the square there, an area on the University of Arizona campus were there are a group of arts buildings. I talked to them briefly on the steps of a gallery we all went into and I liked them. There was just a sense that these two people had aged well, with good humor and curiosity about the world intact.

4 Comments:

Blogger jenni said...

sounds like a very pleasant day!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Caz said...

I like this shot. You clearly are meant to look at the statue but the people give it a sense of reality. :)

Visit my Glasgow DP if you get the chance. :)

5:48 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

make all the fun of them you want! I'm enjoying it!

have a great week ahead louz!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Louz said...

Sometimes a public artwork just makes you wonder what in the world they were thinking.

Hi guys. Thanks for visiting!

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home