Sunday, June 04, 2006

Woman With Harvest

From murals on the walls of a small performance area on 4th Ave. The murals depict Chicano harvest themes. The woman is a detail from a larger mural. I wanted to call her our lady of the harvest because she's clearly iconic in some way but that takes you into earth goddesses/the Virgin Mary and I'm not sure that was really what the muralist had in mind. I'm sorry I don't have any other information about this mural. However here is a Diego de Rivera mural with a woman in a similar posture.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nerissa said...

I love wall murals. So much better than bare plaster or cinderblocks.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I love murals too!!! But unfortuntely we don'have such a lovely murals there :-8

2:07 AM  
Blogger Marie McC said...

Beautiful! Good shot.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Louz said...

Thanks! Just getting started. There are murals all over town. What I envy is the great grafitti in some of the cities. Haven't found anything but gang related simple lettering here.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home