Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Red-Eared Slider


Seemed like a good time to visit Agua Caliente Park again. Sadly the duck population was way down, the water in the lake low and full of sediment because of the drought. However I kept seeing these little heads, something swimming by, and eventually realized they were turtles!

Red- Eared Sliders, according to my reptile book, are not native here. However they're the common little turtle sold in pet stores. I guess these guys found a new home. The one in the photo was about a foot long (about 30 cm).

3 Comments:

Blogger Marie McC said...

How nice that the pet shop turtles were able to survive in their new environment. I love happy endings! :)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Louz said...

Hi Marie -Yeah I have to agree. Maybe they all didn't make it but clearly the ones that did thrived given how big they got.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love turtles. I am suprised that they are so big!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home